• facebook
  • twitter
  • linkin
  • flickr
  • myspace

TrueQueen.com - Your Royal Fashion Source.

Posted by on | |

TrueQueen.com - Your Royal Fashion Source.


Little Blue Bird

Posted: 19 Jun 2011 07:04 AM PDT

Look: Tanks F21//Shorts F21//Cardigan Urban Planet//Belt H&M//Necklace F21 //Ring Gifted

 

Saturday! Oh how I live for Saturdays.  I spent my coveted weekend at the movies with my hubby Jarratt; there’s so many good movies out that I actually spent the last two days there.  Friday night I watched Bridesmaids with my girl Jandry; HILARIOUS.  Saturday Jarratt and I took in an action flick; X-Men First Class which btw was incredible.  I’m a little late catching it but if you haven’t seen it already…go!

I wore my new turquoise shorts which I got for 11 bucks at Forever, and my new favourite necklace of a gold and blue beaded little bird.  It’s just too cute and takes center stage on my chest since it’s looped at either end it lays completely flat.  For a little contrast my black and white cardy did the trick, I really do love the fact that it’s shorter in the back I think it makes for a nice touch.

After the film of course being at Fairview Mall everyday because I work there, we decided to shop. Man it seemed like everything was on sale!  Mexx was having a 50% of everything sale, I grabbed my little man Emijah some nice Tees and shorts for any upcoming bbq’s, gotta be ready for that!  J got some stuff from H&M for work, big sale there too.  But me?  I contained my excitement and kept my wallet closed on shopping for myself since I had just recently raided I think I need to go on a shopping strike, but with certain friends I have that’s damn near impossible! Your such a bad influence! You know who you are!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

 

-xx Empress


7 Days 7 Looks

Posted: 19 Jun 2011 06:19 AM PDT

In no particular order these 7 ladies pulled it out for me this week; Alicia Keys bronzed skin glows in her feather trained black Givenchy Haute Couture gown by Riccardo Tisci, worn to the Keep a Child Alive black ball.  She hosts this event every year, and this year went for edge by belting her look with a spiked belt.  Love it or hate it?

Kim Kardashian’s looks often resemble each other, but this dress caught my attention with its nude color and black laser cut details, very sexy.  Nicole Scherzinger sizzled in hot pink, haven’t noticed her on the scene much lately till she wore this number to the premiere of Cars 2 with husband Louis Hamilton by her side.

 

Katie Holmes and La La Vasquez must of read my post on Rompers, because both ladies hit the streets in their own takes on the look.  Katie in her navy jumpsuit is beyond cute, with the wide leg styling she makes this look seem completely fool proof a great look for day. Lala who has a curvier body opts for a strapless patterned suit belted at the waist she wore to celebrate her birthday in Las Vegas with hubby Carmelo Anthony.

In keeping with the wide leg styling which I think I need to ditch my skinny jeans for, Solange Knowles pairs an emerald green pair with a cute slashed shoulder white top.  Her Afro puts her retro look over the top, definitely not for the insecure.  I love that’s she’s such a free spirit and does not shy away from attention grabbing looks.

 

Style Queen of the week is……


Blake Lively STOLE the show for me this week in her a floral applique Chanel gown at the premiere of the Green Lantern, which she co-stars in along side Ryan Reynolds .  GORGEOUS.  I can’t explain how excited I am about this look!  She incorporated several of this springs trends into this one look; using the color white, wedding inspired, florals, sheer under outerwear, the messy french braid and a smoldering smokey eye.  All executed with perfection.  Hands down Style Queen of the Week!

 

Images: Wire Image


0 comments:

Post a Comment