• facebook
  • twitter
  • linkin
  • flickr
  • myspace

TrueQueen.com - Your Royal Fashion Source.

Posted by on | |

TrueQueen.com - Your Royal Fashion Source.


Green Gold Mine

Posted: 06 Jul 2011 09:33 PM PDT

Photos Shanny H. /truequeen

 

If you’ve been following me on tumblr Everyday is Shanday (itsshanday.tumblr.com) which is actually my newest blogging outlet which is mostly a collection of personal photos I’ve take myself, you’ve probably already seen my sneak peek of this post.  I made this amazing avocado sandwich for lunch Tuesday afternoon so I went crazy over all the pretty colors snapping pics with my SLR. I’ve been seeing Subway commercials all week advertising their newest avocado limited time offer, and I thought I’d look up the benefits of this “super food” myself.

 

I found this article about the health benefits on Oprah.com and the first line in the article spoke to me; I never eat avocados because the fat content is so high.  But I’ve come to accept that these fats, which happen to be monounsaturated, are actually good for me.  They lower cholesterol and protect the heart.  Plus most importantly guacamole taste so damn good!

 

 

But seriously despite the 30g of fat one of these bad boys packs, the benefits of such far outweigh that fact.  They contain vitamin E , help prevent various types of cancers including oral, breast and prostate.  I had mine mashed up into a spread across whole wheat bread in my egg sandwich.  I have a weakness for cream cheese and was a having a craving  so I went for it, 1 Tbsp of the low fat version (30 calories + 2g fat) was enough! I accessorized my healthy meal with orange peppers, tomatoes and cucumbers.

 

For “dessert” 1 sliced apple, I always like to finish out a meal with something sweet.  And voilà ! I enjoyed it with a cold glass of milk (skim of course) while catching up on episode #2 of True Blood. It was good…the episode I mean.  Thank god for on Demand TV!  Ever eat avocado? Know any good recipes?  Love to hear your take on this little green gold mine.


0 comments:

Post a Comment