• facebook
  • twitter
  • linkin
  • flickr
  • myspace

TrueQueen.com - Your Royal Fashion Source.

Posted by on | |

TrueQueen.com - Your Royal Fashion Source.


Fashion Education

Posted: 25 May 2011 04:37 AM PDT

 

I’m feeling like a sponge these days, eager to soak up whatever knowledge I can.  My focus has been shifting ever so slightly from the big screen to paperbacks. As detail oriented as I am, (or anal as my fiancé would like may label my particular quality!) my attention to the small things seems to be heightened when it comes to anything fashion.

Studying pattern making, or the history of Chanel in Paris or reading a bio on lets say Canadian fashion authority Jeanne Becker who has influenced so much of the way fashion is viewed in Canada would be a fantastic treat to indulge in while sitting on the swing in my yard with a glass of cool lemonade for the summer!

A few books I’ve been eyeing for a read include Derek Blasbergs “Classy”, I know it’s been out for sometime now I just haven't had a chance to pick it up!  I’d also love to read Alexander McQueens’s “Genius of a Generation” or his latest “Savage Beauty” based on his exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art organized by The Costume Institute this year.

Here’s a few inspiration images I found on StyleCaster of designer Katie Ermilio lux New York apartment.  Now this is fashion education, what a collection!  What fashion related books are you reading right now?  Got any good ones on your wish list?  I’d love to hear from you!

 

-Empress ❤

 

Images: Joseph D’Arco/Style Caster


0 comments:

Post a Comment